Thoughts v Feelings
I’ve only just started reading this book and, even though Kindle says I’m only 9% of the way through I’ve still got to write about it. This concept around thoughts v feelings is one I’d love to share with you.
I’ve come across the concept that our thoughts cause our feelings before. It makes sense to me. We know that we can be really happy and then think about a sad story on the news and suddenly our mood has switched completely.
The idea that our feelings are an alarm clock to alert us to the direction our thoughts have taken is one that I think is really useful. Once we know this we have a choice.
- Do we get up and take action? – changing our thoughts and therefore our feelings
- Do we hit the snooze button and stay with the direction our thoughts have taken?
Just as with getting up in the mornings the choice, and the consequences, are ours to own.
Take a moment now:
- What are you thinking about?
- How are you feeling?
- Do you want to feel this way?
- Do you want to change your thoughts?
I’m sure there’s going to be a lot more valuable information in this book.