It’s a question that has come up often in the years since I began my coaching practice. It’s one that can’t be answered simply. A good coach will tailor the session to meet your needs at the time you meet with them.
I’m writing this after having a session with my coach. What did I gain from it?
- An opportunity to talk through the thoughts that have been churning through my head.
- I was challenged on my beliefs and my thinking.
- I was stretched. Elaine had me thinking about things I would have put away for later consideration or avoided addressing.
- I have come away feeling calmer
- With a new sense of purpose and direction
- I’m ready to take action
- I have made choices
- My thinking is clearer
- I have a feeling of peace
All this and at no time did Elaine tell me what to do. Which is a good job really as I have long acknowledged my inner rebellious teenager.
There are many benefits from coaching. I know that after my next session I will feel differently and the benefits list is likely to contain different answers.
How will you know what coaching can do for you? Be coached.